The course is aimed at students who want to improve their knowledge and experience in:
- Agro-ecological and socio-economic characterization of silvopastoral systems: integrate approach perspective
- Silvicultural techniques considering the interaction of the system with the physical environment (soil, climate, topography etc.).
- Multifunctionality of agrosilvopastoral systems and tools to inform land use decisions;
- Potential impact of climate change on silvopastoral systems agro-ecological dynamic: implications for management.
- Modelling tools, GIS, statistical analysis, planning and optimisation methods and tools required to conduct research and sustainable management in agroforestry systems.
The program is opened to undergraduate, postgraduate, master and PhD students of 1st and 2nd cycle in Forestry, Environmental Education; Environmental Engineering, Management of Forest Resources and other related scientific areas of our partner institutions overseas (3 students per institution) and the Polytechnic Institute of Bragança.