The Polytechnic Institute of Bragança regularly collaborates with businesses to develop new products, processes and solutions that enable enterprises to solve problems or take advantage of relevant market opportunities. The commitment of IPB with regional development is also reflected in its participation in the Science and Technology Park "Brigantia EcoPark" and in the activity of the Office for the Promotion of Entrepreneurship.
The results of projects carried out in collaboration with companies have been regularly addressed in the news:
- Innovative chestnut preservation technologies
- Development of new meat products
- Best practices in the civil construction sector
- Anti-theft system for bee hives
- Alarm box
- Active ageing
- Guide for elderly caregivers
- Advanced public lighting systems
In the next sub-sections you can find examples of technical and technological skills that result from research and innovation projects carried out by researchers at IPB. It is our objective to make these available to the society in general.