Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy
- To support the transition to reliable, smart, sustainable and competitive energy systems;
- To develop more efficient products and processes from the point of view of the use of energy resources, including renewables;
- To promote energy efficiency in the transport (responsible for about one third of the energy consumed at the national level ), residential, industrial and agricultural sectors;
- To promote the diversification of energy sources, aiming to promote more efficient and cleaner sources;
- To contribute to the change of energy consumption patterns in Portugal, either by reducing energy consumption and promoting energy efficiency by diversifying low carbon energy sources, involving the public sector, companies in general and those relevant to the transport sector, and even citizens.
- PROBIOENER: integrated action for the promotion and implementation of energy efficiency and renewable energy as a competitive factor.
- Total isomerization process based on zeolite membranes for increased octane index in gasoline.
- Woody biomass for energy production: developing sustainable systems of supply of goods and production, regulation and preservation services.
- StDM: Environmental stochastic-dynamic methodology for wind farms.
- Characterization study of wind power potential in Northern Portugal for energy purposes.
- New public lighting control systems.
- InovEnergy: energy efficiency in the agro-industrial sector.