Foreign students who wish to enroll in a Master programme at the IPB should have completed a degree in a 1st cycle course, organized according to the principles of Bologna Process, or have a degree recognized as an undergraduate course by the Scientific Council of the higher education institution that bestows the degree.
The application process step by step
1st step - Provide the documentation
To apply to a Master programme, you should provide the following documents:
- Application form;
- Authenticated transcript of your previous degree(s). This document should be in English, French or Spanish, or be accompanied by a certified translation in English. Also, the original document should be certified by the Portuguese Embassy;
- Curriculum Vitae in English, Spanish or French;
- Photocopy of passport.
Documents should be sent to:Olena Dolid
International Relations Office
Instituto Politécnico de Bragança
Campus de Santa Apolónia
5300-253 Bragança - Portugal
2nd step - Payment of emoluments
The emoluments for the admission process are of 525,00€ (five hundred and twenty five euros), to cover the following costs and services:
- Application fee (25,00€);
- Verification of the authenticity of the documents near the official authorities and the institutions that issued the former diplomas and certificates (500,00€).
Only after the payment of this fee the transfer process will be considered for analysis. The International Relations Office (IRO) will send you all the details concerning the bank transfer.
3rd step - Verify your mailbox
After the admission process has been concluded, we will send you an email confirming if you were admitted at IPB.
4th Step - Enrolment fee
Enrollment in the IPB will be exclusively online.
- Admitted candidates will receive all necessary information about enrollment.
- Admitted candidates will receive, at the beginning of the enrollment period, via email or SMS sent to the telephone number indicated in the application, a password that will allow them to access the IPB enrollment platform.
- Admitted candidates must enroll within the deadlines established by the IPB;
- Admitted candidates who do not register within the established period will lose the place and will not be refunded any fee that has been paid within the application period;
- At the time of enrollment, admitted candidates must pay the first installment of the tuition fee, via bank transfer in the amount of €132.90 (one hundred and thirty-two euros and ninety cents). Proof of bank transfer must be submitted in the corresponding field on the enrolment registration form.
- At the time of enrollment, candidates must submit their individual health bulletin with the regularized tetanus vaccine (this document can be submit after arriving at the IPB).
After validation the enrollment, the candidate must request online the declaration for visa purposes. The issuance of the enrolment declration for a visa purposes has a cost of €75.00, and payment must be made by bank transfer. The IPB will notify the competent authorities of the list of admitted students, through the "Via Rapida" mechanism, established by Portaria No. 111/2019 of April 12.
6th Step - Health Insurance and Accommodation
The IPB provides an insurance which only covers accidents that occur on the Institute premises during the days and months that school is open for classes. International students should take out a private health insurance in the respective country of origin. It is recommended that students acquire previous knowledge of all the conditions and coverage foreseen in Portugal.
The IPB can’t provide accommodation for international students in the students’ residences. Nevertheless, the International Office can help you finding housing.
7th Step - Arriving at IPB
The Polytechnic Institute of Bragança has an integration program for new students – Mentoring Academy (https://mentoringacademy.ipb.pt). The Mentoring Academy aims to contribute to the integration, academic and personal success of the students of the Polytechnic Institute of Bragança.